MEDIA ADVISORY Financial Literacy Fair on April 24
***Media Advisory******Media Advisory******Media Advisory******Media Advisory***
California Financial Literacy Month Resource Fair
What: California Financial Literacy Month and Teach Children to Save Day Fair
Date: April 24, 2012
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: State Capitol, South Steps (N St.), Sacramento, California
The Financial Literacy Month and Teach Children to Save Day Information and Resource Fair will highlight the 12th annual California Financial Literacy Month as well as Teach Children to Save Day by bringing together state and federal agencies and financial literacy organizations.
Information and resources that teach children to save and help consumers manage money, credit, investments, and debt and learn to prevent identity theft, protect their privacy, and avoid financial scams and fraud will be shared by:
- Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) – Consumer Education and Outreach Program – www.dfi.ca.gov/caflm
- Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) – Consumer Services Division – www.dca.ca.gov
- Department of Corporations (DOC) – Education and Outreach Program – www.corp.ca.gov
- Department of Insurance (CDI) – Consumer Education & Outreach – www.insurance.ca.gov
- Department of Real Estate (DRE) – Financial Literacy Program – www.dre.ca.gov
- California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) – LifeLine Program – www.cpuc.ca.gov
- Franchise Tax Board (FTB) – Education and Outreach – www.ftb.ca.gov
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) – Consumer Response Center – http://www.fdic.gov/quicklinks/consumers.html
- The Golden One Credit Union (Golden 1) – www.golden1.com/AchieveGoals
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) – Outreach and Education Program – www.irs.gov
- Bank on Sacramento, Yolo, Placer, El Dorado, Amador – Financial Education Committee – www.bankonsacramento.ca.gov
- SAFE Credit Union – Bank on Sacramento Partnership – www.safecu.org
- Bank of the West – www.bankofthewest.com
- ClearPoint Credit Counseling – www.clearpointcreditcounselingsolutions.org
- Opening Doors – Money Work$ – www.openingdoorsinc.org
- WeConnect – www.weconnect.net
- Wells Fargo Bank Hands On Banking – www.handsonbanking.org/en/
- California Savings Plus Program – SPPforu.com
- California Society of CPAs/CalCPA Education Foundation – www.calcpa.org
- California Jump$tart Coalition – www.cajumpstart.org
- California Community Colleges – Real Estate Education Center – www.ccsf.edu/reec
- Schools Financial Credit Union - www.schools.org
- Others have been invited.
If your organization would like to table, please contact Alana Golden, firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-323-7012.
For additional information on California Financial Literacy Month, see www.caflm.ca.gov.
Press Contact: Alana Golden, Public Information Officer/Consumer Education and Outreach Manager, Department of Financial Institutions, (916) 323-7012.
# # #