January 10, 2008
DFI - Call Report - 4th Quarter 2007
Please read this email thoroughly for instructions on how to download, input, save and email the Fourth Quarter 2007 call report forms and instructions from the DFI Web site. If you do not have access to the Web, or cannot access, input or email the forms, contact Patrick Carroll at email@example.com or by telephone at (415) 263-8559 to make other arrangements.
DFI no longer sends out hard copy call report forms and diskettes. Instead, licensees download, store and print the call report forms in Word and Excel format from the DFI Web page, and submit their reports via email.
Some of the web links to download and save the forms and instructions have changed. If you have saved those links to the Favorites Center on your Internet browser you may need to update them.
Downloading Form 505 - Schedule T - Fiduciary and Related Services
- Open your Web browser to www.dfi.ca.gov/forms/trust/trustforms.asp . Or, to navigate to the form from the DFI Home page, www.dfi.ca.gov , click on the Resources tab, then click DFI Forms then click Trust Company and Department Forms.
- Scroll down the page and locate the link to Form 505 www.dfi.ca.gov/forms/trust/Form505.xls.
- Click on the link to the form.
- If the file/download box appears on your screen, click the open button to open the form in Excel format.
- Enter the "Department of Financial Institutions number" in the appropriate place on the report. For your convenience, a list of Department of Financial Institutions numbers can be found here: http://www.dfi.ca.gov/directory/trustdept.asp .
- Complete filling in the form. Name it Form505.xls and save it to a familiar location on your computer.
- Print out and keep a signed, executed hard copy of the forms in a file at the bank.
Preparing Form 505 - Schedule T - Fiduciary and Related Services
Starting in the Fourth Quarter 2001, Form 503, the Fiduciary Statement was replaced by Form 505, Schedule T, Fiduciary and Related Services as a result of the federal bank regulatory agencies having recently added "Schedule RC-T - Fiduciary and Related Services", to the federal Call Report. The report was modified slightly in March 2002. Any prior hard copy or electronic versions of electronic versions of prior versions of form 505 Schedule T - Fiduciary and Related Services (New 12/02) or form 503 Fiduciary Statement should be deleted.
Things you should know:
- The new "Schedule T - Fiduciary and Related Services" is required from each commercial bank which has trust powers and each independent trust company, regardless of the amount of fiduciary assets held.
- Form 505 "Schedule T - Fiduciary and Related Services" is required on a quarterly basis, beginning December 31, 2001.
- To the greatest extent possible, Form 505 "Schedule T - Fiduciary and Related Services" and related instructions are a reflection of the federal "Schedule RC-T - Fiduciary and Related Services" and related instructions. The principal difference relates to the frequency of the reporting.
- Form 505 "Schedule T - Fiduciary and Related Services" contains a "CONFIDENTIAL" section, which will not be made available to the public on an individual institution basis.
Below the form link is a link to instructions for the preparation of the form. The instructions are in Adobe PDF format. Form 505 - Schedule T - www.dfi.ca.gov/forms/trust/Form505Instructions.pdf
Northern California banks with questions about the preparation of Form 505 "Schedule T - Fiduciary and Related Services" should call their Assistant Deputy. Southern California banks should contact Charlotte Imoto at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (213) 897-2224 Ext.107. If you are unsure whom to contact, please contact Patrick Carroll at email@example.com or by telephone at (415) 263-8559 for further assistance.
Although trust departments may now send in their call report forms as email attachments instead of as hard copies, a signed, executed hard copy of each call report form must be kept in a file at the trust department. This file must be available upon request to examiners during the course of a trust examination.
Submitting Form 505 - Schedule T - Fiduciary and Related Services
After you have prepared the report, send the completed report as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put your institution name and call date in the subject line of the message. Keep a signed, executed copy in a file at the bank. Respond within 30 days from the reporting date. The report must be emailed by Wednesday, January 31, 2008.
Call Report Amendments
Banks making amendments to the Schedule T must continue to send a copy of the amendment to this office, as well as filing a hard copy of the amendment in the call report file at the bank. Amendments may be made in Excel format, as email attachments.
FFIEC Report Copies
The requirement that banks submit two copies of the FFIEC call report has been eliminated. Please keep a copy of the FFIEC report in a file at the bank, together with a signed, executed certification form. This file must be available upon request to examiners during the course of a bank examination. Banks making revisions to the FFIEC call report must continue to send a hard copy of the revisions to this office, as well as filing a copy of the revisions in the call report file at the bank. Please send revisions to Patrick Carroll at the Department of Financial Institutions, 111 Pine Street, #1100 San Francisco, CA 94111.
A signed, executed Certification form is to be kept in the call report file together with a copy of the FFIEC Call Report. If you need a form, download it from the DFI Web site in PDF format at: http://www.dfi.ca.gov/forms/bank/statecer.pdf. Call report preparers without access to the World Wide Web may request hard copies of the form by contacting Patrick Carroll at (415) 263-8559 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Do not return the Certification Form to this office.
We appreciate your cooperation in furnishing us with accurate information in a timely manner.
Very truly yours,
PATRICK C. CARROLL
Strategic Support Manager