January 03, 2007
FOURTH CALL 2006
Please read this email thoroughly for instructions on how to download, input, save and email the Fourth Quarter 2006 trust call report forms and instructions from the DFI Web site. If you do not have access to the Web, or cannot access the forms, contact Patrick Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (415) 263-8559 to make other arrangements.
DFI no longer sends out hard copy call report forms and diskettes. Instead, licensees download, store and print the call report forms in Word and Excel format from the DFI Web page, and submit their reports via email.
Downloading Form 507 - Schedule S - Report of Bank Subsidiaries and Investments
For your convenience, this year Schedule S has been made into a Microsoft Word form with fill-in fields that can be downloaded from the DFI Web site input on your computer, and emailed to DFI.
- Open your Web browser to: http://www.dfi.ca.gov/forms/bank/bankforms.asp . Or, to navigate to the form from the DFI Home page, www.dfi.ca.gov , click on the "Forms" link in the right-hand navigation bar under the heading "Online Resources" then click "Bank Forms."
- Scroll down the page and locate the link to the following form in Adobe PDF format. For your convenience, a link to the form is provided below:
- Schedule S - http://www.dfi.ca.gov/forms/bank/Form507.doc
- Click on the link to the form.
- If the file/download box appears on your screen, click the open button to open the form.
- Enter the "Department of Financial Institutions number" in the appropriate place on the report. For your convenience, a list of Department of Financial Institutions numbers can be found online at http://www.dfi.ca.gov/directory/db.asp.
- Complete filling in the form. Please mark schedules that do not apply "nil report." Name the form Form507.doc and save it to a familiar location on your computer.
- Print out and keep a hard copy of the forms in a file at the bank.
- Send the form as an email attachment to email@example.com on or before January 31, 2007.
It is not necessary to submit a hard copy of the form. If you need additional space to complete the form, please download an additional copy or copies. Name them Form507-A.doc, Form507-B.doc, etc.
FFIEC Report Copies
The requirement that banks submit two copies of the FFIEC call report has been eliminated. Please keep a copy of the FFIEC report in a file at the bank, together with a signed, executed certification form. This file must be available upon request to examiners during the course of a bank examination. Banks making revisions to the FFIEC call report must continue to send revisions to this office, as well as filing a copy of the revisions in the call report file at the bank. Please send revisions to Patrick Carroll, Strategic Support Manager, Department of Financial Institutions, 111 Pine Street, #1100 San Francisco, CA 94111. Revisions may also be sent in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A signed, executed Certification form is to be kept in the call report file together with a copy of the FFIEC Call Report. If you need a form, download it from the DFI Web site in PDF format at: http://www.dfi.ca.gov/forms/bank/statecer.pdf . Call report preparers without access to the World Wide Web may request hard copies of the form by contacting Patrick Carroll at (415) 263-8559 or by e-mail at email@example.com . Do not return the Certification Form to this office.
We appreciate your cooperation in furnishing us with accurate information in a timely manner.
Very truly yours,
PATRICK C. CARROLL
Strategic Support Manager